Conditional dropdown list from another sheet.

Hello All

Is this possible?

Is there a way to get conditional dropdowns?

Meaning

column 1      column 2    dropdown contact

trade cat      Market

Framer        Pittsburgh    dropdown would pull framer from Pittsburgh

All the contacts would on 1 Master sheet.  Master sheet would have corresponding Trad cat column and Market column.

On the construction schedule the Trade cat column would be already filled out as well as the market column.  

So each row would have a task on the construction schedule

Also new construction schedules would be created from a templated schedule.

See above example. So line 4 would see excavation phase and market of Pittsburgh and return only return sub contractor that has excavator and Pittsburgh in the sub sheet columns.

Answers

• isabonita
    isabonita ✭✭✭

@Jon Barto

I can't see the png image for some reason...

I THINK I'm understanding...

If you have Data Shuttle - AND those 2 columns are already filled out - you could create a Data Shuttle to load the dropdown the the appropriate values based on your master sheet. Then when the master sheet changes - it would update the values in the dropdown based on the criteria...

You would need an Offload (from the master) and and Upload (to the project)

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the screen shot.

Yes we do have Data shuffle. Now question would be, would we have to reconnect a data shuffle link every time to a new sheet is templated? The manual work would be to much to have to load and off load it for every sheet and every time a change is made. Or can data shuffle do it by workspace and see the "subcontractor column" and even if it was on a daily schedule

• David Jasven
    David Jasven ✭✭✭✭

I am just looking into your need to have a dropdown auto populate based on a column from another sheet. I also had this need and decided to develop the solution because I could no longer live with out it.

Take a look what I did, and if you think it is a fit for you, then great. I have put a video so you can double check if it's what you are looking for. Also if it is, you can mark your post as solved.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!