Control Center Performance Issues

swaldon2
swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced performance issues with control center blueprint? I have a blueprint that is running and it has about 1,400 projects. We utilize the dynamic scope reports to fill out project information for groups of projects at once. There are about 1,400 rows (one for each project) and around 100 columns per sheet, totaling in about 400 columns on the portfolio summary. We are getting error messages and sometimes reports with no data.

Is this a normal occurrence? How should I solve this? I have a ticket open with support but if any of you have ideas or suggestions on how to address this, it would be much appreciated.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @swaldon2

What type of error messages are you seeing? I would try to reduce the size of the reports and the summary rollup. Maybe consider multiple portfolio summaries, if possible. For example, maybe a summary for project attributes and another for project finances, schedules, etc. I usually suggest to my clients that summary rollups include only information used to make certain decisions, and not a database sheet for everything possible.

For the reports maybe try to filter them by those groups or even further by only open tasks or only tasks due in X numbers of days.

A dashboard can be the landing page to hold the links to all the smaller reports, aka more usable sized buckets of information.

That's probably not the answer you were looking for, but I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner