New in Smartsheet: Critical Path and Duration in Minutes, Hours, and Weeks

2»

Comments

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭

Team members struggle to know which of their tasks impact project finish dates the most. Can I filter a smartsheet or a report for only tasks on my critical path?  Scanning a vast Gantt chart for red-colored bars is not efficient.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Steve, there is not a way to filter to only see items on your critical path but I'll submit this suggestion to our Product team! 

• What is the status of the ability to view tasks by hours & minutes?  

Will this added feature sync with Outlook & other calendars, to show short duration task(s) similar to appointments or meetings?

Bruce

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Bruce, you can already set task durations to hours and minutes but it sounds like you are looking to track task start and end times, correct? While this isn't available at the moment and I dont have a timeline for that function, we are tracking user feedback for this request and I will add your vote for it.  

• Hi Travis,

My work is looking for a way to track employees' daily timesheets in smartsheet so the ability to format a start and end time would be ideal, please add my vote to that as well!

• I'll add my vote for the same reasons as Amanda above. 

Is there a timeline for this available?

Cheers

Amye

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 04/04/16

Thanks everyone - your feedback is recorded! 

Amye, I do not have a timeline for when this might be developed. Check out our roadmap for information on what we are currently working on: https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

• Hey there. I'm wondering if it's possible to set the duration of a task and then the WINDOW of time in which you'd like the task to be completed.

For example, I want all members of the project team to complete a training video that only takes one hour, but they have a window of two weeks in which to complete this training. Is there currently a way in Smartsheet to notate this other than using the window as the start and end date of the task, and writing the duration in the task name?

This functionality would also be helpful to have for resource management, as I don't want someone on the task to appear booked for 2 weeks, but only 1 hour within that time frame.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming 38 hr Week 1 hr = 1.3%

Assign.PNG

• Hi Smartsheet team,

I'm following up on this thread - what is the status of the feature request to drill down on Gantt Chart views to get more granular than "Days," down to hours and minutes?

We are looking to use an Hourly Gantt Chart to display day-of event timelines with parallel deadlines, timeframes, and check-ins.