👋 Welcome! Introduce yourself and connect with your peers in Healthcare and Life Sciences to receive your industry badge.

Need brainstorming help for the right solution regarding clinical trial staffing

Options
Meredith Rhodes
Meredith Rhodes ✭✭✭

Hello!

I have a main sheet that lists all clinical trials my office is supporting. There are 2 columns for study coordinators: Primary Study Coordinator and Back-up Coordinators. We have 14 coordinators that are assigned to a mix of studies, each is the Primary Coordinator on a few studies, and each is back up for several.

I would LOVE to be able to create a card view - each category/lane is a Study Coordinator with each of their primary and back up studies below them. This would be a great visual for their manager to move them around as various studies wax and wane in effort.

I'm stuck though - I've been trying to use a report to do this, but it doesn't seem like the right solution as I can't seem to sort by names on a contact list. Do I need to create a helper sheet to accomplish this? How can I curate each coordinators work across two columns?

Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Meredith

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you able to provide a screenshot with sample data for reference?

• Meredith Rhodes
    Options

Sure thing, @Paul Newcome

Here is a piece of the sheet that I am looking to parse into a card view:

This shows a study status, Unique ID, Study Coordinator, Back Up Coordinators, and some enrollment metrics that may help their manager in staffing. You can see that right now, they are listed as contacts. I think this prevents me for parsing them into groups in a report view. But what I'd like to be able to do is to list our Study Coordinators into categories in a card view, and list the Unique ID / study information on cards. There will be more than one card per study - so I'd have to figure out how to manage that (study 0074 will be listed in Jordan's column, but also in Matt's, Max's, and Wayne's). It would be great to be able to re-assign studies to coordinators by dragging them around in in card view or adding a new card as the case may be.

Think this is figure-out-able? Or maybe there is a better way to visualize staffing resources?

Thanks!

Meredith

• Meredith Rhodes
    Options

@Paul Newcome - I'm getting somewhere. I've made a new sheet that references the main sheet - and managed to make the coordinators names into the categories.

My major issue is the column of Back Up coordinators. I wonder if I could somehow make a child row for back up coordinator for each study? Here is what I've got now:

You can see the back up coordinators for Unique ID 0004 has Jordan, Maggie, and Sarah - what would it take to automate 3 child rows under the KOAR study (Title column is the primary column) that lists each coordinator separately in the back up column?

And relatedly, can I change the color along the side of the card in the card view to represent either Primary or Backup?

Maybe this will work!

Meredith

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You would need to use either the premium add-on Bridge or the API to automate generating child rows.