Sorting a report with multiple criteria

I have a report and want to sort the data on all 4 status dropdown options, i.e., New, Open, Closed, On Hold. How do I do that?

Best Answers

• SolutionSal
    SolutionSal Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Karen,

Here is a help article regarding sorting in reports. It sounds like you would like to sort items in a custom order, not alphanumeric ascending or descending. Unfortunately this isn't supported at this time. One common approach for implementing a custom sort order is to add a numeric prefix to status values, i.e., "1 - New", "2 - Open", "3 - Closed", "4 - On Hold".

If you would like to see a custom sort feature implemented then I recommend you submit product feedback so the development team is aware this is a common desired feature. Here is a help article with more information on providing product feedback. There is also a Product Ideas forum for discussing your ideas with other users.

Best,

Sal

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the report, bring in the columns you want including the one with the drop-down, then you can choose how to group them using the button at the top of the page, and if you want you can also summarize the groups by count, average etc - although you don't have to.

Answers

• SolutionSal
    SolutionSal Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Karen,

Here is a help article regarding sorting in reports. It sounds like you would like to sort items in a custom order, not alphanumeric ascending or descending. Unfortunately this isn't supported at this time. One common approach for implementing a custom sort order is to add a numeric prefix to status values, i.e., "1 - New", "2 - Open", "3 - Closed", "4 - On Hold".

If you would like to see a custom sort feature implemented then I recommend you submit product feedback so the development team is aware this is a common desired feature. Here is a help article with more information on providing product feedback. There is also a Product Ideas forum for discussing your ideas with other users.

Best,

Sal

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the report, bring in the columns you want including the one with the drop-down, then you can choose how to group them using the button at the top of the page, and if you want you can also summarize the groups by count, average etc - although you don't have to.

• Karen Bruer
    Karen Bruer ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Nat and Solution Sal, both really great suggestions.