Progress billing/invoicing

Options

our company is in the process of integrating to the Smartsheet platform and will have several of the upgraded platforms including Resource Management, Data Shuttle. The only issue that we are having is that Smartsheet cant create the progress billing/invoicing that our company needs. Below is what we are currently doing in another platform. Does any one have any suggestion on creating something similar within Smartsheet or an app that may connect to Smartsheet that offers this?

Answers

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi there!

I actually created an Invoice Receiving & Routing Management template as part of Smartsheet’s community created template showcase — and I believe it is now live for use in the Template Gallery: https://app.smartsheet.com/r/template-gallery?category=Community%20created&workTypes=2023%20Template%20Showcase

It will likely need to be customized to meet your needs, so I offer it up as a helpful start for getting where you’d like to be.

This template I created is actually a more basic version of one that I customized for my organization, so I also have some experience with creating a more complex tool to support this need.

I’d encourage you to check out the template and if you have questions, send me a message - I’d be happy to connect outside of the community to help you brainstorm!

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• TPALJA
    TPALJA ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much Lauren I have shared this with my Smartsheet integration team hopefully they can make it work but if not I will let you know.

• TPALJA
    TPALJA ✭✭
    Options

Lauren, does the offer still stand on brainstorm on an invoicing solution?

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You bet it does! Send me a message and let’s connect over email. 😊

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• Michael Humenansky
    Options

@TPALJA / @Lauren Dominique - we are about to pull the trigger on add't consulting work to get this done as well... We just upgraded to the Gold Package so that we can use Smartsheet as our main point of input. Majority of the consulting work will be to create the API's to create/update our Quickbooks' [Online] "Projects"/Estimates/POs/Invoices" for PROGRES INVOICING (and to actually send those estimates/POs/invoices). We are trying to have Smartsheet be our main source for our sales team to plug info in.

We currently do PROGRESS INVOICING w/ a "Parent row" and multiple child rows for each invoice (shipment). Each Parent row is a manual hardcode of the QTY of items. Then an established formula for each child row is a subtraction of that (but currently we are doing a copy/paste of a 'template' set that has extra rows of prebuilt equations that dedicated the item's QTY amounts per shipment (invoice) that subtracts from each row (shipment) before it) so the bottommost row at any point (= amt from PO not shipped) is always the remaining amount (until it is closed). (we use blue font for manual hardcodes, black font for formulas w/in a sheet)

We looked at Lauren's sheet a few days ago (and it is/was super helpful). It is close to what we had structured/built as well, but our SKU list has expanded greatly, so having 10000s of columns for each item is becoming burdensome. (and each items for our QBO API calls require 5-6 columns (examples: item name, item SKU, Sales Price, COGs price, QTY, etc.). Our goal for this consulting project is ideally to create a more std invoice appearance with rows for each item (like does Quickbooks also), but converts into the ability to also do the abovementioned. So we are trying to see via data shuttle/mesh/etc. can get the consultants to develop something closer to what you have. It may just get created in a form, and then merge (or copy/row/move) an outputted parent row from that form into our "ACTIVE orders" sheet via the 10000s of columns method (mostly hidden) or it may go into columns that aren't product/SKU specific .... but are generic placeholders for "Item Name 1" "SKU 1" "Rate 1", "QTY 1", "Item Name 2" "SKU 2"... etc. (which is how I believe Lauren set it up)

Happy to keep you all updated with what way we go.... but I would also love to join a brainstorm if you all are having one (and haven't had it yet)! We have been trying to solve this efficiently/savvy for a few years now. It has also been surprising to us it did not exist already. And we naively thought once we upgraded our subscription to the gold Package we'd find a solution/template set. (Lauren's is BY FAR the best we've seen so far and that just came out!)

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TPALJA and @Michael Humenansky I would love to meet with you both but I can’t figure out how to send a message on the Community account… l please feel welcome to send me an email to set up a meeting to talk further! ldominique@connecticutchildrens.org.

• TPALJA
    TPALJA ✭✭
    Options

@Lauren Dominique and @Michael Humenansky sorry for the delay in response. After much back in forth with Smartsheet we were given the option to do an API with our current software and Smartsheet.