Looking for a report that shows file status by employee

spothier1
spothier1
edited 10/24/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hello! I am looking to generate a dashboard by creating a table that shows the # of files at each status but broken down by each employee

i started with the following but

=IF({RFP Tracker Range 1}=[Column2]21), Countif({RFP Tracker Range 2}=[Primary Column]@row),"")

Best Answer

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @spothier1,

Use a COUNTIFS formula:

=COUNTIFS({Owner},"Full Name",{Status},[Primary Column]@row)

Or looking at your example:

=COUNTIFS({RFP Tracker Range 1},[Column2]$21,{RFP Tracker Range 2},[Primary Column]@row)

In the latter case you will obvious need to change the column for the first criteria as you move across to the different names.

Hope this helps, if you have any problems/questions then just post! 🙂

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @spothier1,

Use a COUNTIFS formula:

=COUNTIFS({Owner},"Full Name",{Status},[Primary Column]@row)

Or looking at your example:

=COUNTIFS({RFP Tracker Range 1},[Column2]$21,{RFP Tracker Range 2},[Primary Column]@row)

In the latter case you will obvious need to change the column for the first criteria as you move across to the different names.

Hope this helps, if you have any problems/questions then just post! 🙂

• thank you!!!! that worked perfect!

• Hii!! what if i wanted to count the number of times Gurmeet has a file with the name legal, but only if the status isnt complete?

Something like this?

=COUNTIFS({RFP Tracker Range 4} <= "complete", {RFP Tracker Range 1}, [Column2]1, {RFP Tracker Range 2,[Primary Column]@row})

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amend your formula slightly:

=COUNTIFS({RFP Tracker Range 4} <> "Complete", {RFP Tracker Range 1}, [Column2]1, {RFP Tracker Range 2,[Primary Column]@row})

"Complete" isn't a numerical value, so you can't use "<=" (equal to or less than). "<>" functions for "not equal to".

That said - does your data also have the * included? If so, you would need to use "Complete*" instead.

• Oh yes, ill fix that, i used the below and got #invalid operation

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not 100% sure why you're getting an error.

With these cross sheet references referring to the columns on your data sheet I am not getting any errors using this formula:

=COUNTIFS({Status}, <>"Complete", {Owner}, [Column2]1, {Procurement Instrument}, [Primary Column]@row).

Data for practice:

Cross sheet:

I'd double check your data ranges and see if anything leaps out as slightly off.

• got it!! was missing a , :D lol thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!