Formula stops working when changing name of column

Greetings-

I have the following formula that tells me what day of week a specific date is if the date column is called "Date". If I try and change the formula to reference a column called "Date of Program" the formula doesnt work anymore. Why is this? How can I make it work with a date column called Date of Program instead of just Date? I updated the formula to say (Date of Program@row) but that doesnt do it. Thanks for any info. MD

WORKS

=IFERROR(IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 1, "Sunday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 2, "Monday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 3, "Tuesday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 4, "Wednesday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 5, "Thursday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 6, "Friday", IF(WEEKDAY(Date@row) = 7, "Saturday"))))))), "")

Doesnt WORK

=IFERROR(

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 1, "Sunday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 2, "Monday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 3, "Tuesday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 4, "Wednesday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 5, "Thursday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 6, "Friday", 

IF(WEEKDAY(Date of Program@row) = 7, "Saturday"))))))), "")

Tags:

Best Answer

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Since there is a blank space in the title, you need to add brackets around the column name [Date of Program].

If you update where you have that name to the bracketed name, it should resolve.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Since there is a blank space in the title, you need to add brackets around the column name [Date of Program].

If you update where you have that name to the bracketed name, it should resolve.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• SSParks
    SSParks ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/25/23

That worked! Thank you for the help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!