Data Trending

13»

Answers

• That works. But now my max count that is on the left is not working correct. When I switch dates, my count goes back to 1 and starts over. Then my max count looks at the highest number vs starting over looking at the current date. How can I fix that to look at current date also.

=IF([Counter for Chart]78 = MAX([Counter for Chart]:[Counter for Chart]), 1)

• Ok Here is what I am running into now. Here is the formula I have in now. So, it looks at the date. Now when the date chances, my help row numbers will start counting again and will start back over at 1, then start counting up. My other helper row that looks at max number then get confused because its looking for the max number. How can I get the Max counter formula to look at the current date also. Below is both formulas.

=COUNT(DISTINCT(COLLECT([Product Name]:[Product Name], [Row ID]:[Row ID], <=[Row ID]@row, Date:Date, @cell = Date@row)))

=IF([Counter for Chart]135 = MAX([Counter for Chart]:[Counter for Chart]), 1)

• Paul

I wanted to provide a little more detail. Here is what I am seeing. When the product name shows up earlier in the list, it throws the =COUNT formula off. I guess the DISTINCT is seeing that the name shows up twice and it messes up. Then it throws all my =IF formula off because of it. So, I got to figure out a way to always look at the most recent set of names even if the same name has shown up earlier. I always want to look at the most recent name set. Any way you can help with this. This has been killing me. I have this formula set up on about 20 different sheets that has data updated every 30 minutes.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!