IF statement comparing today's date to a projected date

gjohnson.pcpro
gjohnson.pcpro ✭✭✭
edited 11/02/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hello,

I have a column named 2 Approval Package Current Projected Date. I am trying to return a text value based on that column compared to today's date. Here's what I'm looking for:

If 2 Approval Package Current Projected Date has already passed, the text should say RED

If 2 Approval Package Current Projected Date is in the next 10 days, the text should say YELLOW

If 2 Approval Package Current Projected Date is more than 10 days out, the text should say GREEN

This is the formula I wrote to achieve this, but I am getting #INVALID OPERATION. Can a kind soul please take mercy and assist?

=IF([2 Approval Package Current Projected Date]@row < TODAY(), "Red", IF([2 Approval Package Current Projected Date]@row - TODAY() < 10, "Yellow", "Green"))

Best Answers

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try: =IF([2 Approval Package Current Projected Date]@row > TODAY(10), "Green", IF([2 Approval Package Current Projected Date]@row <= TODAY(), "Red", "Yellow"))

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hmm. Is the date column setup as a date type column vs text/number?

You can also just try retyping the formula vs copying/paste which has been known to cause issues in some cases.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!