Automation / Form Assistance

So we have a Project Register that logs all of our Projects, Project Manager, Name of Project etc. On this register I have automation set up so that every 3 months it will send and email, containing a survey (form) to assess customers satisfaction.

For said Survey (Form) I also have an intake sheet.

However I have a couple of questions:

• Is there a way, when a customer completes a survey and it logs on the intake sheet, that it also logs the associated line/project/project manager from the Project Register that spawned that survey? Without having to ask the customer to provide it on the survey?
  • Is there a way to count how many times the automation on the Project Register has activated? i.e. how many automations/surveys have been sent out per day or week based on our set criteria?

Any help here would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks

Answers

• Angela Logie
    Angela Logie ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, could I create a form from the Project Register but the responses are sent to a separate Intake sheet? Or do responses have to go to the sheet where the Form is generated?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Angela Logie

I hope you're well and safe!

Please see my comments/answers below.

• Is there a way, when a customer completes a survey and it logs on the intake sheet, that it also logs the associated line/project/project manager from the Project Register that spawned that survey? Without having to ask the customer to provide it on the survey?

[Andrée Starå] Yes, using the URL-Query feature to prefill the information in the URL sent.

More info.

• Is there a way to count how many times the automation on the Project Register has activated? i.e. how many automations/surveys have been sent out per day or week based on our set criteria?

[Andrée Starå] Yes, but you'd have to add a so-called helper sheet that you'd copy the row to each time it runs.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Angela Logie
    Angela Logie ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh this is excellent, thank you. Going to try this today!!!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Angela Logie

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Angela Logie
    Angela Logie ✭✭✭✭✭

Andre,

OK so I had a look at your solutions today. So for the first solution above. Just to make you aware, there are 2 sheets:

• Project Register - Which is where the automation is, that will email at a set condition, and will have a link to the below form
    • Survey Intake Sheet - This is where the form lives and responses stored.

So the problem I have is that I need the Project Name, Project Manager and Project Director, that is contained in the Project Register, so log on the Intake Sheet when a response comes in. Right now, were getting responses to the Intake Sheet and we dont know which project its for?

Hope this makes sense.

And THANK YOU!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!