How to count how many weeks something has been in Red Status

Caroline Henne
edited 11/06/23 in Formulas and Functions

I have a sheet where weekly status reports are being entered - a new row at the bottom each week. I would like to count the number of weeks that a projects has a Health of Red. I.e., I can see my project has a Red status this week, for how many weeks before this has it also been red?

It should be limited to only when a Red status has stayed the same consecutively - i.e., how many weeks before this has a project been red after it was changed to red most recently, NOT how many weeks before this has a project been red total out of all the weeks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Caroline Henne

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use the Record a date action in a workflow with multiple so-called helper columns to register when it changes to red.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for your response - I'm not sure how to then count the number of weeks that the status has been red. I only want to count the weeks in the "trend" - i.e., how many weeks has the status been only since it most recently changed to red. I don't want to count other weeks the status may have been red before the current "trend" of being red.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!