Countifs with multiple references

Hello,

I'm in the process of making resource plan worksheet and it needs data from project plan worksheet.

Currently I have tried to pull the data for 'Assigned', 'Open' and 'Delayed' tasks from counting on project plan worksheet and formula used is as follows.

It would be appreciated if you guys can give me a hand to figure this out!

-----

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task}, <>"", {Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row))

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task}, <>"", {Project Plan - Status}, <>"Completed", {Project Plan - Status} <> "Cancelled", {Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row)

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task}, <>"", {Project Plan - Status}, "Delayed", {Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row)

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mac Choi ,

For the first 2 formulas, try this.

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task}, <>"", {Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row)

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task}, <>"", {Project Plan - Status}, AND(@cell <> "Completed", @cell <> "Cancelled"), {Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row)

The third formula should be working as is, see if it sorts itself out when the first 2 are fixed.

Hope this helps,

Dave

• Hello Dave,

Thanks for advice, but it still take me to the 'INCORPORATE ARGUMENT SET" for all 3 items..

I used to do an excel a lot, but this system is little bit different..

• When I choose only one reference sheet and condition, it's properly working...

=COUNTIFS({Project Plan - Task Owner / Task Support}, Email@row)

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Double check that your references have all been created properly. Sometimes there can be a slight lag in the window that is used to create the cross sheet reference. If you select your range too quickly, it can revert to the cell in the top left corner of the reference sheet once the lag clears.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thanks Paul and Dave,

Thankfully, I somehow figure out the issue as I chose 2 nearby columns at the same time for the reference and it was properly working as I chose sole column instead.

Thanks for all your comment!!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!