My Tasks report please help me troubleshoot!

Nat
Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

I have set up a My Tasks report for leaders, and it's not working, which is not good. They don't have access to the underlying sheet - is that why? (in which case what's the point?)

It's linked to the right sheet, and is filtered for a contact column where when filtered for "has any of" you see everyone's emails listed out, and only "current user" is selected.

The report is in a workspace I share with one other person, and is the only item in that workspace that's shared to everyone, so they have it in their sheets (or more realistically they go back to the email with the link each time.

They are shared to it as Editor-can share

Does anyone have any idea why it's genuinely coming up blank to them when they're signed in with the email from the contact column, and the underlying sheet definitely has them in the contact column for a bunch of rows?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Todd M Keller
    Todd M Keller ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You say you've shared a report to people who DO NOT have access to the underlying sheet?

If that is the case, then I would say I experience this all the time and agree with you; however, I have not really found any great solutions for this, yet.

Depending on the size of the sheet, you could create a separate sheet and do a mass cell linking and then create your report from the new sheet that only has the links. This is a bit cumbersome, but it does shield your actual sheet a bit, if that is your concern.

The short path is just grant access to the underlying sheet.

The point of the report, apparently, is not to limit permissions, but to change the format of the data. If add on modules are an option that you could consider, you may want to take a look at Dynamic View.

Good luck,

Answers

• Todd M Keller
    Todd M Keller ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You say you've shared a report to people who DO NOT have access to the underlying sheet?

If that is the case, then I would say I experience this all the time and agree with you; however, I have not really found any great solutions for this, yet.

Depending on the size of the sheet, you could create a separate sheet and do a mass cell linking and then create your report from the new sheet that only has the links. This is a bit cumbersome, but it does shield your actual sheet a bit, if that is your concern.

The short path is just grant access to the underlying sheet.

The point of the report, apparently, is not to limit permissions, but to change the format of the data. If add on modules are an option that you could consider, you may want to take a look at Dynamic View.

Good luck,

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/09/23

Thanks so much @Todd M , I appreciate you taking the time.

I have shared the underlying sheet this AM. Their inputs are no longer private from each other now, but hopefully will go back to working - likely too late in this disaster to warrant my mention of upgrades!

I realized I can hide certain columns in the underlying sheet, so form fills come in and all columns go out to their various reports, but sensitive ones are not seen on the main sheet.