Using multiple conditions from multiple columns for CountIF

darrink
darrink ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/13/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi, I'm trying to use conditional logic to count how many rows meet the following conditions. But I seem to missing something...

=COUNTIF(([Approval Status]:[Approval Status], OR(@cell = "Approved", @cell = "Exception Approved")), +([Promo]:[Promo], OR(@cell = "Value 1", @cell ="Value 2", @cell = "Value 3")))

I've also tried this:

=COUNTIF(([Approval Status]:[Approval Status], OR(@cell = "Approved", @cell = "Exception Approved")), AND([Promo]:[Promo], OR(@cell = "Value 1", @cell ="Value 2", @cell = "Value 3")))

I also tried

=COUNTIFS(([Approval Status]:[Approval Status], OR(@cell = "Approved", @cell = "Exception Approved")), +([Promo]:[Promo], OR(@cell = "Value 1", @cell ="Value 2", @cell = "Value 3")))

=COUNTIFS(([Approval Status]:[Approval Status], OR(@cell = "Approved", @cell = "Exception Approved")), AND([Promo]:[Promo], OR(@cell = "Value 1", @cell ="Value 2", @cell = "Value 3")))

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Based on your updated post with the COUNTIFS, your second COUNTIFS would be the closest but you have too many parenthesis tucked in and you do not need the AND statement. Try just following the syntax outlined in the article. There are a few examples underneath the "Usage Notes" section that show the proper syntax.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!