Duplication

If I filter a column sometimes, I'm getting duplicated entries. Why is that?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That should only happen if there are duplicated entries in the sheet. Are you able to provide some screenshots for context and maybe more details as to what the problem is?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hey Paul,

I've already gone through and removed the duplicated lines, so I have no screen shot to give you. My theory is I'm adding lines in a filtered view, which may also attach to the filter off view as well? Not sure.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I follow. Are you adding rows while a filter is turned on? If so, those lines are in the sheet. They will not be hidden or removed just because you turn a filter off.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Okay... That was what I was wondering, that answered my question. I have other colleagues that have access and work on the same sheet, maybe that caused lines to duplicate somehow, but I'm not really sure. It's probably on our end.

Thanks!