How to undo or find an old version of a sheet?

I was working on using DataMesh to create a check list to compare two sheets. One had the correct information, the other did not.

I must have set up the DataMesh backwards, so instead of going to the sheet for comparison, all of the incorrect amounts were imported into the correct sheet. I know I can use cell history to find the original information, but is there any easier way to find an earlier version?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you take a look through the Activity Log, you should be able to "Request A Snapshot". It will send you an email with an Excel doc that can then be used to copy/paste the original data back in.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you take a look through the Activity Log, you should be able to "Request A Snapshot". It will send you an email with an Excel doc that can then be used to copy/paste the original data back in.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!