COUNTIFS between dates & criteria.

This discussion was created from comments split from: COUNTIFS between dates & criteria..

Answers

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to Smartsheet, I would like to seek for help as I'm trying to count how many EDM task done from whole October in sheet summary.

I have 2 columns which Task type which is a drop down list and date assigned.

Thank you so much.

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @eddie_19,

You would use a COUNTIFS formula. I'm not 100% certain which column you are wanting to use for the "done" here, so the formula example below is using "Date Assigned":

=COUNTIFS(Type:Type, "EDM", [Date Assigned]:[Date Assigned], AND(MONTH(@cell) = 10, YEAR(@cell) = 2023))

I've added the YEAR function so you can update this for use in multiple years rather than just this one (since presumably you won't want to to know what you did in October 2023 alongside 2024).

You could also do this with cross sheet formulas and in place of the Month/Year Numbers being values have them as @row references if you had a repeating list of 1-12 in a month column and then a Year column.

Equally if you just wanted at a glance for the summary you could substitute the numbers with = MONTH(TODAY()) instead of = 10 for the current month (for example).

Hope this makes sense and helps. If you've any problems/queries though, then just post! 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!