Change symbol based on date

This discussion was created from comments split from: Change symbol based on date.

Answers

• Hello Everyone,

I've recently been put in charge with a project and I'm brand new to Smartsheets. I reaching out for some assistance with changing symbols by dates as followed. When today is before "Start Date", I want it to be yellow. When today is between Start Date and 5 days, I want it to be green. If today is 6 or more days after Start Date then I want it Red. I've used the formula above and modified it and it works except for Red only shows up on the 6th days after Start Date and reverts back green at 7 days and beyond. Here is the formula. =IF([Start Date]@row > TODAY(), "Yellow", IF([Start Date]@row <> TODAY(-5), "Green", "Red")) Please help me. Thank you.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@emaest01 Are you able to clarify what you are looking for?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome

When "Start Date" is future = Yellow

When Today is between "Start Date" and "Start Date" +5 days = Green

When Today is 6 days or more past "Start Date" = Red

Thank you.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this:

=IF([Start Date]@row> TODAY(), "Yellow", IF([Start Date]@row<= TODAY(-6), "Red", "Green"))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!