Problem with Desktop App - Printing default is not 100% View

I have a new problem that only happens when I am in the Desktop App. When I print my dashboards, I have no control over the scale. It is reduced and I can't find any override. I can print it fine in the browser. Is anyone else having this problem since the update this week?

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Debbie in JAX

I'm unable to replicate this from the Mac version - can you clarify which version of the desktop app you're currently using?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I can't find the version information. Where is it located? I know the update occurred last week and after that I had this problem. It may or may not be related to the update. I just can't find where I can set the print scale from the desktop app. I can in the browser version.

• Hi @Debbie in JAX

If you're using the Desktop App on a Mac, you can find the version by clicking "Smartsheet" in the top toolbar of your computer, then "About Smartsheet". This will bring a pop-up window with your version.

In my Desktop App version, this is what it looks like when I click "Print"

If this is not what you're seeing, can you post a screen capture of your Print Setup?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• On my desktop version, I found it located in Help>About Smartsheet in the top toolbar. It is Version 1.0.45. I wish I could see that panel, but I must have a Windows override that doesn't let me select the scale. Even the other options on this pop-up don't allow a scale change. (It is different in the browser, though, and I can adjust the scale there.)

• Hey @Debbie in JAX

From what I can see, that looks to be a specific PC setting that Smartsheet may not be able to help with - what happens if you click "Preference" from that window?

• Nothing helpful. I wonder why I can't get the same pop-up window that I get if I am in the Browser.

• Hey @Debbie in JAX

Thanks for clarifying that the "Preference" option does not show the percentage window. I have confirmed that the Desktop application will open your machine's print-to-pdf settings from a Dashboard, whereas Smartsheet in a browser takes into consideration the print-to-pdf settings of the browser (as you've found).

I believe that currently this restricts PDF downloads/printing of Dashboards to a set scale of 100% at this time. If you need to adjust the scale, I would recommend using Smartsheet from a web browser instead.

I'm sure the Product team would like to hear about your experience with the Desktop app! When you have a moment, please submit your feedback by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• That would be fine if the default print size was 100%, however is it not. It is significantly less and only fills about 2/3 of the width of a letter-size sheet.