Is there an easy way to build a report with same order of columns.

MarkCep
MarkCep ✭✭✭✭✭

First off - I am more than experienced at report building. But when it comes to a sheet that has 250+columns, picking the columns in order you want them in your report is very tedious. The other option is click and add lots of columns and then drag them into their right sport/order, which is even more tedious.

There should be way to look at the dropdown of selectable columns in the order they are in your sheet (left to right). If this is possible, then I am unaware. That type of column view happens in other operations in Smartsheet.

Thanks

Answers

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

This sounds like it would be a great item to submit to the Product Idea page on the Community. I’ve also created many Reports, and like yourself, often struggle when the list of columns is sorted alphabetically instead of the way I’ve intentionally ordered them in a sheet. I don’t think there’s a workaround for us (other than pulling up the underlying sheet on one monitor and building your report on another, which still requires you choose the lesser of the two evils you describe in your original post).

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• Just jumping in here to provide the URL to the related Product Idea to vote on: Alpha order or Sheet Order Column List

Cheers!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now