Dashboard & Chart Widgets

Is it possible to have a Chart Widget that is currently populated, maintain the same attributes (specifically the chart type and even series/colors) whenever the data source is updated?

Example - I have a sheet that lists in one column different Business Purposes. In the next column, is a formula that counts how many times the Business Purpos@row is used in a specific month on a different sheet. My intent is to show on the dashboard Chart widget, one month content in a Pie chart. Whenever I go to update the next month's content, the widget seems to default back to a Line chart type. I am not wanting to have to touch every dashboard widget attribute such as the chart type every single month.

Is there a better way to organize the data to default the chart into a Pie chart?

Tags:

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That's because your November column is blank. You mentioned you would want it to flip on the first of each month, so the INDEX formula is pulling from the current month's column.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The TODAY() function does not update on its own unless the sheet is somehow activated. The easiest way to have the sheet automatically activated and saved to update the TODAY() function without you having to maintain anything would be to insert a date type column and then set up a Record a Date automation triggered daily and set to run at 12:00am with a condition of where the new date type column is blank or is not blank.

This will force update the TODAY() function to ensure your INDEX functions properly without you having to ever touch this sheet again.

Answers