Workflow Trigger - Any Value

NasJ_SD
NasJ_SD ✭✭
edited 11/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm moving rows to a new sheet based on a column showing "Any Value". Why are rows with no value in this column (blank) still moving over when I run a manual test?

Column is set as text/number. The row should only move if information is placed in this column field.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

When you manually run a workflow, it will ignore the trigger and only evaluate the condition(s) if any.

Include a condition of that cell not being blank then try running it manually (this will not affect the operation when you let it run on its own either).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

When you manually run a workflow, it will ignore the trigger and only evaluate the condition(s) if any.

Include a condition of that cell not being blank then try running it manually (this will not affect the operation when you let it run on its own either).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com