Having Trouble with simple IF OR formula

I've been reading previous questions and answers on this topic. I'm trying to enter a yes or no in a Licensed in a State? column if any of three columns contains a yes. Below is yielding UNPARSEABLE.

=IF(OR[BrokerageLicense?]@row="yes",[Property Management Licensed?]@row="yes",[Multifamily Licensed?]@row="yes")),"Yes","No")

Best Answer

• David Ruff
    David Ruff ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mary Anne Dunn.

Looks like placement of parentheses is preventing the formula from being parsed: missing opening parenthesis of the OR function, extra parenthesis at end of the OR function. You have 1 opening parenthesis and 3 closing parenthesis.

I tested this formula below and it worked for me. Hope this helps!

=IF(OR([BrokerageLicense?]@row = "yes", [Property Management Licensed?]@row = "yes", [Multifamily Licensed?]@row = "yes"), "Yes", "No")

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mary Anne Dunn Hi, it's missing a parenthesis after the OR and it had an extra one before the yes condition. Try this: =IF(OR([BrokerageLicense?]@row = "yes", [Property Management Licensed?]@row = "yes", [Multifamily Licensed?]@row = "yes"), "Yes", "No")

• David Ruff
    David Ruff ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mary Anne Dunn.

Looks like placement of parentheses is preventing the formula from being parsed: missing opening parenthesis of the OR function, extra parenthesis at end of the OR function. You have 1 opening parenthesis and 3 closing parenthesis.

I tested this formula below and it worked for me. Hope this helps!

=IF(OR([BrokerageLicense?]@row = "yes", [Property Management Licensed?]@row = "yes", [Multifamily Licensed?]@row = "yes"), "Yes", "No")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!