Workaround for if statement from form

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with a formula/workaround in the following scenario:

-A client fills out their information as the "submitter" in a form (Column 1).

-The client is asked in the form if they are also the authorized representative from their organization to sign a DocuSign integration (Column 2 - Is the submitter also the authorized signer? - yes or no)

-If yes, form logic does not ask them about Column 3 - authorized signer column (we are trying to reduce duplication on their part), so it come through on the processing side as blank

I want to use an if/then statement that is something like this in Column 3: =IF([Column 2]@row = "Yes", [Column 1]@row), but I need to incorporate an option for the "false" component that retains the information submitted in the form if Column 2 = no.

I think I understand that typically, form-submitted information can't be changed with a formula, but I am wondering if anyone has thoughts on a work around? Otherwise, my team is currently copying and pasting info from Column 1 to Column 3 if applicable. I am worried that this is opening the door for error.

Thanks in advance!!

Marleigh

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!