Auto populate a sheet

adamscotty
edited 11/22/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all!

I need help figuring out how to get smartsheet to do something. I have a cold call sheet with a list of numbers. In each row there is a lead with anywhere from 1 to 9 possible numbers for this person. I want to be able to mark each number with something like "disconnected" and have that populate another sheet which acts as a database of all the numbers I shouldn't call.

Additionally, whenever I bring in a new lead sheet, I'd like it to check against that database and mark the numbers I shouldn't call ahead of time.

Any ideas? I've tried using a workflow, but I've only been able to get it to copy an entire row of data to another sheet rather than individual cells.

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@adamscotty

The copy automation does copy over the entire row, but you could always hide the columns you don't need. You could build a workflow with a "Disconnected" checkbox so that it either copies or moves the rows over when checked.

To check it against the database of numbers you don't want to call you could add a column with a column formula like:

• =IFERROR(IF(MATCH([Phone Number]@row, {Do Not Call Numbers}:{Do Not Call Numbers},0)>0,"Do Not Call",""),"")

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications