How do I find a Smartsheet export in Excel?

Magali
Magali ✭✭
edited 11/24/23 in Smartsheet Basics

*Translated by a Moderator since the Community is currently only supported in English*

Good morning

I made an export to Excel and I lost everything

Impossible to find the data and nothing left on the sheet.

help me

Thanks

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Bonjour @Magali

I can read but not write in French. The activity log does show the sheet was exported. It does not show anything being deleted afterward. I don't know how to find the downloaded file. But if the content was deleted before the export, you could still get it back.

1. Scroll down in the activity log to the row before the export. You might need to change the date range if this was before November 17th.
    2. Use the down arrow to expand it.
    3. Then click on Request Snapshot.
    4. This will email you a copy of the sheet at that point.
    5. You can then upload that back to smartsheet.

In English, it looks like this:

I hope that helps.

Bonne Chance!

Answers

• Hi @Magali

After exporting a sheet, your browser saves it on your computer. It stores the file you exported in a folder based on your browser settings. Here's more information: Export a sheet or report

If you are the Owner or Admin on the sheet in a Business or Enterprise plan, you can access the Activity Log on the sheet to download a Snapshot from a specific point in time: Request a Snapshot

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Magali
    Magali ✭✭

Bonjour

J'ai regardé dans le navigateur et dans mes téléchargements, il n' y a rien, pourtant cela est indiqué

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Bonjour @Magali

I can read but not write in French. The activity log does show the sheet was exported. It does not show anything being deleted afterward. I don't know how to find the downloaded file. But if the content was deleted before the export, you could still get it back.

1. Scroll down in the activity log to the row before the export. You might need to change the date range if this was before November 17th.
    2. Use the down arrow to expand it.
    3. Then click on Request Snapshot.
    4. This will email you a copy of the sheet at that point.
    5. You can then upload that back to smartsheet.

In English, it looks like this:

I hope that helps.

Bonne Chance!