Email tagging is not connecting to the Conversation box.

mgillies
mgillies ✭✭
edited 11/27/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I use Outlook with my company. When a tagged email comes in from Smartsheets, I click on the "reply in Smartsheet" and it won't take me to any conversation box. It just opens the page, but not on the line that I need. Why is this happening? I updated this morning. Also, I get an Error message sometimes.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

I checked in with the Support team and they confirmed that others have contacted them about the same behaviour: the "Reply in Smartsheet" button directs to the top of the sheet instead of the specific row. This is something that our engineering team is currently investigating based on the reports. I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved, but they're looking into it.

As you noted, if you reply to the email it will add the comment to the correct thread still.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• dslye
    dslye ✭✭

We have similar experience with email notifications. Until very recently (last week?), selecting "Reply in Smartsheet" would navigate to the correct conversation in Smartsheet to respond to. Also, links in emails from workflow automations would navigate to the record in the datasheet. Now just opens the datasheet to the first row.

Note that actually replying to the email itself will post the reply to the correct conversation in Smartsheet.

Is there a setting that we need to update to restore the prior functionality?

• Same here. How we should submit this problem to smartsheet admin ?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

I checked in with the Support team and they confirmed that others have contacted them about the same behaviour: the "Reply in Smartsheet" button directs to the top of the sheet instead of the specific row. This is something that our engineering team is currently investigating based on the reports. I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved, but they're looking into it.

As you noted, if you reply to the email it will add the comment to the correct thread still.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks for checking! We look forward to the fix. Our work is very slow without the help we need right now.

• Thank you, this is an issue for us as well.

• We are experiencing this issue as well.