PMO Efficiency - Workspaces and Automated Backups

Options

When managing a PMO. is it considered a best practice to establish an individual workspace for each project? If this is advisable, is there a method for setting up an automated recurring backup for all projects without having to do them individually?

Best Answers

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hsantos, we make a separate workspace for each program (or project) so that we can more easily control access/sharing.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hsantos

We make separate workspaces for each project so we can color code the header bar and add a project logo. Otherwise it is difficult for PMs to tell which project they are working on as all the plans/reports/dashboards all look the same and they manage many at once, flipping between tabs. The downside of this is that I need to add each project separately to my cross-project reports. If all projects were within one workspace in separate folders the reporting across projects is easier.

I also find it makes access/sharing more difficult because, in my case, I have new team members join that need access to old projects and I need to add them one by one.

So consider you access/sharing needs, color coding, reporting.....

Answers

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hsantos, we make a separate workspace for each program (or project) so that we can more easily control access/sharing.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hsantos

We make separate workspaces for each project so we can color code the header bar and add a project logo. Otherwise it is difficult for PMs to tell which project they are working on as all the plans/reports/dashboards all look the same and they manage many at once, flipping between tabs. The downside of this is that I need to add each project separately to my cross-project reports. If all projects were within one workspace in separate folders the reporting across projects is easier.

I also find it makes access/sharing more difficult because, in my case, I have new team members join that need access to old projects and I need to add them one by one.

So consider you access/sharing needs, color coding, reporting.....

• Hsantos
    Hsantos ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad to know I'm on the right track :)