Editing Formula

Hello,

I have a formula that calculates the current month's total of an item. I need a new one that will filter by a specific month/year when edited to do so. How do I update this to do that?

=SUMIFS(Spent:Spent, [Areas of Project Spending]:[Areas of Project Spending], @cell = PERSONNEL@row, [Expense Date]:[Expense Date], AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = MONTH(TODAY()), IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY())))

I tried a few variations of editing for just the specific month (Nov) but getting #UNPARSABLE - sample:

=SUMIFS(Spent:Spent, [Areas of Project Spending]:[Areas of Project Spending], @cell = PERSONNEL@row, [Expense Date]:[Expense Date], AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0)=11), IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY())))

Thankyou as always for the help!

Angela

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Angela Hollingsworth

I just wrote this and it worked.

=SUMIFS(Spent:Spent, [Areas of Project Spending]:[Areas of Project Spending], @cell = PERSONEL@row, [Expense Date]:[Expense Date], AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 11, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY())))

I then spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to spot the difference. 😭

It was a parenthesis left over from removing MONTH(TODAY())

This one (in bold) 😠

=SUMIFS(Spent:Spent, [Areas of Project Spending]:[Areas of Project Spending], @cell = PERSONNEL@row, [Expense Date]:[Expense Date], AND(IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0)=11), IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY())))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!