Multiple checkboxes automatically checked from one checkbox.

Hello,

What formula would I use to have all of the checkboxes in the Ann Arbor Terminal 1-5 columns checked, after checking the prior "Ann Arbor Payment Terminals Inspected" column?

Basically I'd like the checkbox in this column to when checked, trigger the other columns in the same row to be checked (without having to do so manually).

Answers

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So to do this you would need to use a column formula into each individual Terminal's Column to auto check if the Ann Arbor Payment Terminals Inspected column was checked.

The problem with this is once a column formula is in a column, you are not able to manually change the value. This means that someone will not be able to come in an check just that Terminal 2 individually was completed.

Alternatively, You could have a formula auto checking the Ann Arbor Payment Trminals Inspected column if all those individual columns are checked, that formula would look like this

=IF(AND([Ann Arbor terminal 1]=1,[Ann Arbor terminal 2]=1,[Ann Arbor terminal 3]=1,[Ann Arbor terminal 4]=1,[Ann Arbor terminal 5]=1),1,0).

@ me if I misunderstood!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @GiselleF

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend using a workflow with the Change a cell action that triggers when you check the payment box.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!