Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Notifications

Thea.Graybill
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to be able to set up a conditional notification that allows the next "assigned to" person to automatically receive a notification when the task before theirs is completed or checked. There are about 5-7 different people that would need to receive this type of notification. Does anyone know how I can easily set this up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is no clear-cut way to do this. For our process, we ended up setting up a "handoff to"contact column. We then re-enter whoever the next task belongs to in the following row. It's a very manual process, but once set up it does notify the next user as intended.

In another note, one drawback to the contact column is that you can't use formulas in it to connect to other contact columns. This would be ideal. If we could set the Handoff To column to equal the Assignee column of the next row it would allow for less manual adjustment of a spreadsheet when an assignment is updated or changed. 

I suggest requesting this in the Submit Product Enhancement Request link located in the Quick Links section of the community. 

This discussion has been closed.