Secondary Reminders

Good afternoon.

I'm trying to set-up a secondary reminder that will alert my team when they have not updated their project.

Our team sends a weekly (Friday) update, and I have a reminder set-up to notify them the day before it is due. Friday, 12/1 was everyone's last update.

What I am trying to do now is set-up a second reminder if the Last Update date has not changed. Ie. If it shows the previous Friday date of 11/24, then I want my team to have a second reminder sent until it gets updated.

I have a formula in the Last Update column that will change automatically once my team has submitted an update.

I used the below formula to calculate what projects have been updated and was trying to create the secondary reminder off of this (not sure if this is correct).

For the Last Update with a 01/01/00 date, a second reminder (daily) needs to be sent until this is updated to the most recent Friday.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/05/23 Answer ✓

Hi, @Brittaney Pizzato

Give this a try, =IF([Last Update]@row < (IF( WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 7, TODAY()-1, TODAY() - 1 - WEEKDAY(TODAY()))), 1)

To summarize, you wanted to send a reminder when the "Last Update" date is less than last Friday's date. In order to do that, you needed an expression that returns the date of last Friday. It is found using IF( WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 7, TODAY()-1, TODAY() - 1 - WEEKDAY(TODAY())) .

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/05/23 Answer ✓

Hi, @Brittaney Pizzato

Give this a try, =IF([Last Update]@row < (IF( WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 7, TODAY()-1, TODAY() - 1 - WEEKDAY(TODAY()))), 1)

To summarize, you wanted to send a reminder when the "Last Update" date is less than last Friday's date. In order to do that, you needed an expression that returns the date of last Friday. It is found using IF( WEEKDAY(TODAY()) = 7, TODAY()-1, TODAY() - 1 - WEEKDAY(TODAY())) .

• Hi Toufong,

I believe this worked! We are testing now.

Thank you,

Brittaney

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!