Formula for "days since" creation date, if a box is not checked

Hi there, I'm trying to write a formula for an "at risk" type of column based on the following criteria:

1. If it has been five work days since the row creation date (based on a system generated "created date" column")
  2. If a "supervisor approval" box is NOT checked

If these two criteria are met, I want the cell to show 1, if both the criteria are not met, I want the cell to show 0.

Here is a screenshot

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lindsay Scarey,

Try this in an At Risk column (this is based on it being a checkbox column):

=IF(AND([Supervisor Approval]@row = 0, NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()) > 5), 1, 0)

The NETWORKDAYS formula calculates the number of working days between two dates. It is then compared to 5 to set the checkbox accordingly. Depending on your needs (i.e. if the check is 5 days or more than 5 days), you can change it to comparison to TODAY()) >= 5

I hope that helps. Let me know if that does the job for you.

Have a great day!

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

Answers

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lindsay Scarey,

Try this in an At Risk column (this is based on it being a checkbox column):

=IF(AND([Supervisor Approval]@row = 0, NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()) > 5), 1, 0)

The NETWORKDAYS formula calculates the number of working days between two dates. It is then compared to 5 to set the checkbox accordingly. Depending on your needs (i.e. if the check is 5 days or more than 5 days), you can change it to comparison to TODAY()) >= 5

I hope that helps. Let me know if that does the job for you.

Have a great day!

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

• Lindsay Scarey
    Lindsay Scarey ✭✭✭
    edited 12/06/23

@Sing C Thank you for taking the time to answer! I got my at risk column going! Yay!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!