Add metric from multiple sheets

Hello

We have many sheets located in a workspace and I want to show a metric on the dashboard where it sums up all columns with the Task Status showing "Completed".

What is the best practice? I dont want to add a sheet summary to the dashboard. I want to point out a particular metric.

Thanks very much

Tags:

Answers

• florian.zbinden7
    florian.zbinden7 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Laura G ,

I see two ways to solve this ; have a summary sheet or use a report.

I would go for the report first, Smartsheet brings great added value through the report, it's good practice. Reports can easily collect data from multiple sheet, as long as they are structured in a harmonized way (i.e. same columns names) and you can apply filters (to select only the "Completed" tasks).

Reports data can be then used in dashboards, using a metric, a chart or showing the report.

More info here

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Florian

• Laura G
    Laura G ✭✭✭✭

Hi Florian

When i go to add the data source using the metric widget on the dashboard edit screen; there is no option to choose report as the data source. Am i missing something?

See attached example i want to showcase on our dashboard, this data is collected from 1 sheet but i want to total all of the sheets in the same workspace.

Thanks

• florian.zbinden7
    florian.zbinden7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/11/23

Hi Laura,

no you are not missing something, the Metric widgets cannot take reports as a source.

You can make Chart on the other hand. Or show the report.

I believe you have no other choice that creating a summary sheet if you want a metric, unless the Community see other options.

best regards

Florian