Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Missing Column Criteria from Report Builder

Options
ogonzalez
ogonzalez ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

I have been working on a report builder for a number of sheets from varying projects to show specific items. Understanding that I need to have consistent column names across all sheets, I have gone through the trouble of formatting them all. 

My issue now is that when I go to the report builder and I want to add more criteria my columns that I changed the name of do not appear. i.e. the column name changed from "CPM" to "CPM-CRO". But now when I go to report builder and run a report on, for example, "countries", when I go to add the column "CPM-CRO" it does not appear. I have tried restarting smartsheet, deleting and opening a new report. Nothing seems to work. Please help! 

As you can see from the screenshot, I am pulling from the correct sheet , yet the column does not appear. The column is also a Text/Number so that the report printout has a name and an email visible. And there is a duplicate column listed twice (CPM) how can this be? 

Regards,

Confused and Frustrated

screenshot 3.PNG

screenshot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting. This is a bug. I renamed my column, jumped back into my report and the newly renamed column was not present. It used to be that it would Keep both the old and new and you would have to deselect the old column name which was indicated with a (missing) label after its name. I would report this as bug to smartsheets. This is not its usual operating procedure. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C&F,

This may be a timing issue. Sometimes it take a while for column name and type changes to propagate through the system. Or as Mike says, it might be a bug.

For the duplicate CPM and CRA columns, this is typically due to difference of column type.

Lastly, when you select the Sheets to be in scope in the Report Builder, it is tied to a specific instance of that sheet. Smartsheet allows sheets to be named the same thing, even in the same Workspace or folder. Make sure your three Sheets are the only instances of Sheets with those specific names.You can do this using the Search feature and filtering by Sheet Names

I hope this helps.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also recommend checking System Status' when things like this start happening. If you follow this link: https://status.smartsheet.com/ and scroll down you will see reports on July 14 of updates to reports being unusually slow. They seem to have fixed the issue. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.