How to link a cell from another sheet based on multiple criteria?

KarenTF
KarenTF ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/07/23 in Formulas and Functions

I have a metric sheet created and formatted in a specific way to achieve the visual display desired from a column graph. What I'd like to do is be able to cell-link the Total Points from the main sheet to the metric sheet based on 2 criteria: Current Month and Location. In the main sheet, I've created a helper column with the checkbox to account for the Current Month, which is working and checked when an entry from the current month occurs. How can I cell link the current month Total Point score for a specific location? That way, I can automatically pull the current month's score per site into my pre-formatted metric sheet, so it will display my chart correctly on my dashboard. And after the month passes, the unchecking of the box will automatically remove the values, or at least just get replaced when the following month's score per location is entered.

So far, I've tried this and it is not working:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Main Sheet Total Points Range 1}, {Main Sheet Location Range 2},

"Location 1", {Main Sheet Current Month Checkbox Range 3}, "1"))

Am I on the right track?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You need to finish out the INDEX function:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Main Sheet Total Points Range 1}, {Main Sheet Location Range 2},"Location 1", {Main Sheet Current Month Checkbox Range 3}, "1"), 1)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You need to finish out the INDEX function:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Main Sheet Total Points Range 1}, {Main Sheet Location Range 2},"Location 1", {Main Sheet Current Month Checkbox Range 3}, "1"), 1)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!