Gantt Timescale Settings not being shared

I am the Admin of a project and I have updated my gantt settings to show Quarters and Months. I've shared this file with others in my org, but no one else sees the new, updated settings. I saved, and they refreshed, and they don't see the updates. I even tried deleting their access and re-granting, but that didn't work either.

Why is this setting not being shared? Can someone help please?

TIA

Answers

• Hi @Jo_C

How did you update the Gantt Timeline?

• Adjusting the timeline directly within the Gantt View using the + or - icons will adjust the personal view for your specific account
    • Adjusting the timeline through the Project Settings window will apply a default view for the first time that a shared user looks at the Gantt view

However if the user has already adjusted the timeline for their own view, the sheet will remember their personal preferences and will display the timeline they last set for that sheet. This includes if they were removed and then re-shared to the sheet, as you've found. Here's more information: Create and work with a Gantt chart

To have your previously-shared users see Quarters and Months, they'll just need to click on the - sign to zoom out in their own view of Gantt.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Jo_C
    Jo_C ✭✭

Thank you! So I think you're saying that this setting isn't "set" for everyone like all the other project settings? And that everyone can set their own Gantt chart timeline if they want to?

• Yes, exactly.

• How about user with editor permission? seems they do not have permission to update the gantt timescale setting by themselves

• Hi @ViveVictor

Yes, users with Editor permissions can use the + or - to adjust their personal Gantt view timeline scale. Here's more information: Adjust the Gantt chart timeline