Formula to count the number of cells that contain 3 criteria including name within a list

I have tried a number of formulas and each time run into an error regarding the last item. I want to count a row if a name appears within a list in a cell with a designated date and location within that row.

=COUNTIFS({Class Attendance Range - Date}, [DATE], {Class Attendance Range -Location}, [LOCATION], {Class Attendance Range - Attendance List}, [NAME])

=COUNTIFS({Class Attendance Range - Date}, [DATE], {Class Attendance Range -Location}, [LOCATION], CONTAINS([NAME],{Class Attendance Range - Attendance List}))

=IF(AND({Class Attendance Range - Date}, [DATE], {Class Attendance Range -Location}, [LOCATION], CONTAINS([NAME],{Class Attendance Range - Attendance List}), 1, " ")

=IF(AND({Class Attendance Range - Date}, [DATE], {Class Attendance Range -Location}, [LOCATION], {Class Attendance Range - Attendance List}, [NAME]) 1, " ")

Please help!

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your first one is the closest, but if you are using a reference to a cell within the same sheet as the formula, you need to include either a specific row number or "@row".

Date@row

Location@row

Name@row

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!