Tracking that updates are received from employees

I have created a sheet for employees to provide numeric updates at 10AM, 2PM, and EOD.

On a separate sheet, I am trying to create an automatic checklist to ensure all updates are received and that will send reminders if their update is missing. My checklist looks like this:

I have used this formula on a checklist for just checking that the employee's name is present on the update and that works great.

=IF(COUNTIFS({Employee}, Employee@row) 0,1)

However, I cannot figure out how to have it check both the name and the column. Any suggestions?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would simply need another range/criteria set to evaluate if there is an entry (for example) for that person where the 10AM column is not blank.

=IF(COUNTIFS({Employee}, Employee@row, {10AM Column}, @cell <> "") = 0,1)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would simply need another range/criteria set to evaluate if there is an entry (for example) for that person where the 10AM column is not blank.

=IF(COUNTIFS({Employee}, Employee@row, {10AM Column}, @cell <> "") = 0,1)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!