Automated workflow not sending alerts?

I have created an automated workflow to alert team members when certain inspection criteria changes to "No". It worked when I submitted a form and tested it with only myself to receive the alert. Now that added 2-5 more recipients, it does not send to me or anyone else. Automation permissions are set to unrestricted. Why is this no longer sending?

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertHapp , ensure that the two fields that trigger the workflow automation are not themselves changed via automation or a function/formula.

If they are, then one workaround is to configure the workflow automation to run at a scheduled time with your requisite conditions.

• RobertHapp
    RobertHapp ✭✭✭

Thank you for your response. The triggering fields are not changed by automation or a function/formula. I also tried running it with the same conditions at a scheduled time and the automated notification still does not send.

• Hey @RobertHapp

A few things to check here. The first thing is that your alert is based on a change made, not a row being added. Can you confirm that the rows already exist and you're only wanting an alert once an update is made?

The second thing to check is to see if your personal settings are filtering out any alerts if you are the person that made the change. Make sure this box is checked:

If this hasn't helped, can you post a screen capture of your underlying sheet? We'll want to see the rows where your values are input to ensure it's matching the criteria set in the workflow (but please block out sensitive data).

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• RobertHapp
    RobertHapp ✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve, thank you for your response. This worked, I am using it to submit inspections in a form so I had to change it trigger when rows are added or changed.

• Glad to hear we fixed it for you! 🙂

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now