Making Dashboards from forums

I am a project manager, working with other teams. Each week, we have a forum I need our team to fill out. Then I need to produce graphs based off that data. I have a few Questions:

1) How do I create S-Curve graphs based off the data that comes in from the forum?

2) How do I duplicate this forum week over week, archiving the old week, and pushing the new week?

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matt Giddens

Fellow Matt here, a common way to do this is to create another sheet for metrics. This sheet is usually a free form space to do calculations and arrange the data in different ways to accomodate the different graph/chart types.

The Form feeds a sheet and the Metric Sheet pulls information from that sheet. So maybe for date submitted, you add a helper column to the sheet, not the form, and the helper column pulls the =WEEK(Date Submitted@row). Then on your metric sheet you list all the WEEK numbers down one column and do a COUNTIF or COUNTIFS formula in another column to cound different things that relate to each week. Then you point the graph widget at the metric sheet to set up the graph.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner