Forms Functionality

Hi there,

Is there a function within forms/smartsheets that would allow me to follow up with a submitter (who is not shared to the sheet)?

The form collects emails and those are input into a contact column, however, there are at least 63+ people using this form, who can't have access to the back end data. If there's a way to comment or email them from the system (say if we need additional information) with out having to share the sheet with them, that would be great.

Thanks!

Sarah

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use an automation to send a message to them that does not include a link to the sheet (choose the "message only" option on the automation).

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @S_Ko

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to KPH's excellent advice/answer.

Another option could be to send an automated update request asking them to update specific information.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.