Automated workflow for approval declined track not processing, how do I fix?

I am setting up an automated workflow to get multiple approvals, and have updates it request is denied along the way. When in the denied track, the email to requestor that their request was denied and to update works, but a subsequent email to approver for a second review and to update status is not working. I had to take 3 screen shots to get entire work flow in.

Thank you

Answers

• Hi @Kelly Dawson

Approval Requests are the only type of action block that will pause and wait for a response before continuing on through the workflow.

What I mean by this is that all other action blocks move through their actions as soon as they're triggered, like dominoes. In your instance, this means that once the Approval is denied, your workflow Requests and update and immediately moves on to your next Condition block (without waiting for that update to be completed). Since the update has not yet been completed, the checkbox is not checked so your next action won't happen.

You'll need to set up a separate workflow with the trigger being that the update is complete (perhaps using that checkbox column?) then with your conditions in that flow to set off the new set of dominoes. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now