Match/Index

I have the formula below and i want the results as if no name can be found, let the it blank. The formula i have below is giving me Incorrect argument. Pls help in this. Thanks and I am a beginner for Smartsheet

=IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(INDEX({Buyer2}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine2}, 0), " "), INDEX({Buyer3}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine3}, 0)), " "), INDEX({Buyer4}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine4}, 0)), " "), INDEX({Buyer5}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine5}, 0)), " ")

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am confused about what you are trying to do with all those INDEX/MATCH... Also, your IFERRORs seems to be in the wrong place if you are imbedding it it should look like:

=IFERROR(FORMULA, IFERROR(FORMULA, IFERROR(...)))

Or something similar to that.

• HZAR
    HZAR ✭✭✭

I want to populate the buyer name which is depending on an item which is spread all across 5 different sheet and if have the buyer name then populate the name, if not found just leave the column blank. Can you help to suggest the correct way to do it?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This would be the proper syntax:

=IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(IFERROR(INDEX({Buyer2}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine2}, 0)), INDEX({Buyer3}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine3}, 0))), INDEX({Buyer4}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine4}, 0))), INDEX({Buyer5}, MATCH(Combine@row, {Combine5}, 0))), "")

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!