IF function

Column A

A

#NOMATCH

I have column A with the 2 info and I want to copy to column B with the info from column A but #NOMATCH is wan to make column B blank. Newbies to smartsheet. Need some help

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Huh? Can you post a screenshot? Also how are you populating column B? Where are you getting the info for column A?

• HZAR
    HZAR ✭✭✭

Hi Eric

Sorry for my mistake no copy out the screenshot. I have name in column A and I need to copy to column B in diff sheet. For those in column A that have #NOMATCH, how do I make it empty in column B

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @HZAR

I didn't fully understand your question on the other thread so had a look at your posts to see if you had shared more information anywhere else. I think this question, and that on the other thread are about the same thing.

There are a few things you might be asking about.

To stop #NO MATCH appearing in column A -

Wrap the formula that produces that value in an IFERROR function.

=IFERROR(your formula goes here,"")

This means, if the formula returns an error, the value "" (ie nothing) will appear instead of the error message.

To leave #NO MATCH in column A but have blank in column B -

If these are on the same sheet then you can use an IF and ISERROR formula in column B to copy the value from column A only if column A does not contain an error, like this:

=IF(ISERROR([Column A]@row), "", [Column A]@row)

This means, if the value in Column A is #NO MATCH (or any of the other smartsheet errors) then the value "" (ie nothing) is placed in column B. If it is not #NO MATCH (or another error) then the value from Column A is placed.

To match across sheets and remove #NO MATCH

You can use the IFERROR and IF(ISERROR) formulas in a cross sheet formula as well but I cannot provide an example as I don't understand how your sheets work. Cross sheet formula are explained here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482647-cross-sheet-formula-combinations

Looking at your example I am not sure how you are pulling the info from A to B as the first row does not match. If you can share the formula that you have in column B we might be able to help further.

• HZAR
    HZAR ✭✭✭

Hi KPH

Thanks for the updated on this. Have try out and it works...thanks😍

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!