conditional totals per column

FabharChris
FabharChris ✭✭
edited 12/19/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi all

Hoping I can find some help on this formula, Trying to figure out how to create sum totals of PO value column at the top of each of the first 3 columns (FERG JOB #, FVLV#, JOB SHOP #) if information is present in those cells. contingent on any of the items in the drop down list from PO/SDR down being selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! IF any further information is need please let me know and I will answer to the best of my limited abilities. lol, Thank you

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! So... you "can" do this BUT it would be difficult to keep updated as you add rows as you cannot use the syntax column:column to reference the entire column and would need to do something like column3:column50, where 50 would need to be updates as you add rows. What I recommend to you would be to create a summary sheet to collect the info or use the summary tab on the sheet.

Also, I can help with building your formula, assuming you put this in your summary tab as it will not work on the top row since I don't know how far your sheet goes.

=SUMIF([FVLV #]:[FVLV #], OR(@cell="PO/ SDR", @cell="Submitted", @cell="Revision Request", @cell="Approved", @cell="Released", @cell="Complete", @cell="Invoiced"), [Status]:[Status]

Just change the bold to the other columns to sum.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!