Chart Widget in Dashboard not separating data when creating charts.

I have a report that pulls in data from several sheets to summarize the yes and no columns. When I add the information to the chart widget I would like to see a group over group of 2 columns, one for Yes in this class and one for No in this class, and then see it class over class. Whenever I add the report to the chart, it will only give me totals for the entire class, not separate totals for each yes & no within the class.

Here is the report information:

Note that each sheet name (class) has a yes and no total.

Here is what it looks like when I add it to a chart in the dashboard:

Does anyone know how I can use this report to show me side by side Yes and No charts?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would have to use separate reports for each class if you want to use reports to generate the charts, and even then it would be separate charts for each of the separate reports. Charts can only pull from that first grouping level when pulling from a report.

To get the chart you are looking for, you will need a sheet with 3 columns. First column would be a listing of each of the classes, second column would be a COUNTIFS formula with cross sheet references to pull in the count of "Yes" for each class, and the third column would be the same as the second but for "No".

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would have to use separate reports for each class if you want to use reports to generate the charts, and even then it would be separate charts for each of the separate reports. Charts can only pull from that first grouping level when pulling from a report.

To get the chart you are looking for, you will need a sheet with 3 columns. First column would be a listing of each of the classes, second column would be a COUNTIFS formula with cross sheet references to pull in the count of "Yes" for each class, and the third column would be the same as the second but for "No".

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thank you Paul. I'll look to create that report instead. I appreciate your help!