Upvote Function / Brainstorming Layout

Options

Does anyone have a template or is there a video that shows how to create a sheet that has an "upvote" or "voting" function of any type? Ideally what I'm looking for is a way to have different product ideas listed out and then allow for our team to vote on which items they like the most.

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The easiest thing to do would be to create a form for your team to submit where they select their favorite option(s) using a drop down selection or checkboxes.

If you wanted to go more complex you could create a Dashboard with pictures/descriptions and have those link to a specific form they would submit that has a default selection of the product idea so the "voting" technically would happen behind the scenes. Feel free to message me directly if you would like to discuss any more about it.

I can share a Template I just made of an extremely basic Dashboard and Sheet for the second option if you like. The dashboard is just for the vote, not any reporting.

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• Midboez
    Midboez ✭✭
    Options

Hey @Zachary Hall ,

If you wouldn't mind sharing the template with me to take a look at that would be great! What you are describing sounds like it could work for what I need.

Thanks,

Zac

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apparently only admins can do the direct messaging, sorry about that. In order to share this with you I would have to have the email address you use for Smarsheet to send you the invitation. If you feel comfortable replying with that here I will send it to you. If not, I completely understand (as I haven't shared my own here).

Would screenshots help?

Best,

Zach Hall

• Midboez
    Midboez ✭✭
    Options

Screenshots would help!

Thanks!

Zac

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could set up your column like this:

Then create a form for your team to vote for the option they would like:

When you are done creating the form you would send them the link and they could click on it and place their vote.

That is the easier of the solutions. I hope this helps!

Best,

Zach Hall

• Midboez
    Midboez ✭✭
    Options

That does help, thanks for the insights!

Zac