Automatically inserting e-signature

Hi,

I am looking to create a form that staff members can physically sign upon submission. I know there is integration with docusign however it needs to be all included on the form and not them waiting for an email to sign a document. I don't think this is available in Smartsheet yet.

Another option I have considered is to have a sheet with signature images that I can link to the sheet that I need the signature on. So if Employee #1 checks the field "I confirm this is true" and submits the form, in the sheet there would be a helper column with an IF formula IF(Name@row='Employee #1', Insert signature sheet image). Then I could generate a document with the signature image.

Would this work? - If not, Is there potentially another way to do this?

Example of what is needed.

Thank you!

JW

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to designate some sort of electronic signature for each person. Images of physical signatures will not work. You would have to use something like a text box with helper text that says something along the lines of "By typing your name and today's date in this field, you are electronically signing this form" or some such verbiage.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jess Wix

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Paul's excellent advice/answer.

• Another option could be to use a 3rd-party form service with the signing as part of it.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!